Fire is the energy indigenous peoples have used for millenia. In the modern day, we have tapped many sources of energy to meet our needs and create a high quality of life. We now know that unfortunately many energies have very negative impacts in their use, creating air pollution and climate change. And the high concentration of peoples means we must be efficient and judicious in our use of energy, if there is to be enough for all.
- Install renewable electricity sources, like solar, geothermal, small-scale hydro, and wind. These are expensive at the grassroots level, and using efficiency first to greatly reduce your energy use is important.
- Install solar hot water, a low-cost, low-technology way to warm water on a roof
- Convert diesel vehicles to veggie oil (or use diesel for biodiesel directly).
- Make biodiesel from waste oil sources.
- Install high-efficiency wood stoves (wood being the common cooking fuel in many countries)
- Turn off and unplug appliances when not in use. Even equipment that is not on uses energy, particularly high-tech equipment
- Use only efficient appliances, including compact fluorescents or LEDs for lights
Contact us to learn more about the above, and begin to create a better relationship between yourself and the Earth.
Learn how you can contribute to our work.